LEO recognize the greatest enemy in an active shooter incident is time.
Police agencies around the nation transitioned from a hold and wait for SWAT protocol to the newly developed Quick Action Deployment Team (QuAD), sending their first four arriving officers in immediately.
Law enforcement agencies, particularly rural ones, recognize the challenges that the QuAD response tactic presents due to the lack of personnel and response times for backup officers.
The single officer approach is the most deliberate method of getting an officer in direct contact with the threat to neutralize it.
This is why Guardian Defense offers the Single Officer Active Shooter Response Course (SOASRC). SOASRC is a 3-day training course open to certified law enforcement officers for the purpose of training solo response to an active killer situation. Our next class is around the corner!
>>SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER<<
DATE: Saturday, October 6, 2018 – Monday, October 8, 2018
TIME: Check-In at 7:30AM on October 6, 2018. Class time is 8:00AM – 4:00PM each day.
LOCATION: Rains Intermediate School. 409 FM 3299 Emory, TX 75440
• Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (TYR) approximately 1 hour to site.
• Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) approximately 1 hour 35 minutes to site.
• Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport (DFW) approximately 1 hour 40 minutes to site.
Hotels in Emory:
• Best Western Plus Emory At Lake Fork Inn & Suites– approximately 5 minutes to site.
• Bent Tree Motel– approximately 6 minutes to site.
There are other hotels outside of the city within close distance.
COST: $699/officer (additional fees may apply. Please see below for equipment requirements and payment method)
>>DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Tuesday, August 21, 2018<<
- To identify active shooter and active killer threats
- To understand one’s direct role in an active shooter situation
- To learn critical response tactics as a solo officer or team
- To infiltrate the affected area as the responding officer
- To implement limited penetration tactics to locate and eliminate the threat
- To understand how to manage the scene after the threat is down
- To implement medical trauma training for officers
- Be a certified law enforcement officer
- Complete registration information below, which includes information on our SOASRC Participant Agreement and SOASRC Cancellation Policy.
- In the event the course does not reach the student minimum of 14, the course will be cancelled and refunded in full. Participants will be notified via email and phone by September 13, 2018.
- Submit payment. Payment must be received by Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Acceptable forms of payment are:
- Check. Please make checks payable to “Guardian Defense” and mail to:
1279 W. Palmetto Park Rd.
PO Box # 273155
Boca Raton, FL 33427
- Credit or debit card through Paypal. Please add an additional $20.00 to the cost per participant for this service.
Equipment and Course Requirements
- Glock 17t Simunition Handgun or any other 9mm Simunition or similar brand Handgun with a Conversion Kit (please see “Alternative Student Equipment” if unavailable)
- 50 rounds of 9mm Securiblank non-lethal ammunition
- Rifle with Simunition or similar brand Conversion Bolt or Conversion Kit (please see “Alternative Student Equipment” if unavailable)
- 100 rounds of .223 Securiblank (for Conversion Bolt) non-lethal ammunition or 9mm Securiblank (for Rifle Conversion Kit) non-lethal ammunition
- Eye protection
- Ear plugs
- BDU-style pants or approved Class B uniform
- Department-issued shirt or polo
- Department-issued vest
- Gun belt
- Tactical boots
- Provide own lodging and transportation to and from the site location(s)
- Be in good physical condition and health as this course is physically demanding
- Be able to complete the course in its entirety in order to receive a Certificate of Training
Alternative Student Equipment
If a member of the class cannot furnish a conversion kit for their handgun and/or rifle, those students will use Airsoft handguns provided by Guardian Defense. There will be an additional $50 equipment rental fee for utilizing this equipment. Students will then run dry drills with their rifles.
If you are renting this equipment, please ensure to add an additional $50 to your course cost.
Additionally, please take note of the alternative equipment required for each student if conversion kits are unavailable and GD will be supplying the Airsoft guns.
Alternative Student Equipment Required:
- (2) Airsoft Green Gas, 8 oz cans
- Department-issued Handgun (and Bluegun Handgun or Red Gun Handgun if available)
- Department-issued Rifle (and Bluegun Rifle or Red Gun Rifle if available)
- Eye protection
- Ear plugs
Guardian Defense would like to thank Rains ISD Police Department for hosting this program and Rains Intermediate School for use of their facilities.
Questions about Single Officer Active Shooter Response Course? Please contact Taylor Smith directly at 954-654-8912 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in hosting your own SOASRC? View our SOASRC Hosting Packet and then contact us!