For Immediate Release
CONTACT: Taylor Smith 954-654-8912
April 14, 2017
Guardian Defense to offer workshop in response to mass shooting events that have affected Floridians, like the Fort Lauderdale Airport and Pulse Nightclub shootings, and throughout our nation.
Boca Raton, FL – Today, Guardian Defense announced it will be holding the How to Survive an Active Shooter workshop for civilians in the south Florida community. This interactive workshop will take place on Sunday, April 23, 2017 from 2pm-5pm, and will provide the community with a plan on how to respond should they be faced with a threat or gunman while in public.
“People do not need to be afraid to be with their families in public, but they do need to be prepared,” said Steven Smith creator of the workshop and co-founder of Guardian Defense. With just a little forward planning and quick conversation with loved ones, civilians will have a better chance of surviving a mass casualty event. “When I enter a public place, I identify the exits almost instantly. I also have a plan when I’m with my wife and kids that we discuss when we arrive.”
This workshop has been presented at various conferences over the past few years, but the most recent active shooter event at the Fort Lauderdale Airport prompted Guardian Defense to open this workshop to the public. “Our passion since we opened in 2013 is to prepare our schools for the worst-case scenario. There is not a national standard for school safety when it comes to threats on campus and I am looking to change that. As owner of this company and a current law enforcement officer who responded to the airport incident, I got first-hand experience of how these incidents affect our community. I gained a greater perspective in both the planning aspect, and the response aspect- and the impact it has on those around those involved,” Smith noted.
The workshop costs $97 per person, but Guardian Defense is currently offering a promotion for $47. There is no prerequisite for the workshop and adults and youth ages 15 and older are permitted with a parent or guardian.
The workshop is 3 hours long and consists of an interactive lecture and hands-on practice with caring for the critically wounded. Smith will address in great detail the Five Immediate Actions on how to respond to a threat as well as other key concepts for the public.
To register for this workshop, please visit: https://guardiandefenseplan.com/event/crast/.
- 17DayCelebration Closes for Parkland Florida - February 15, 2023
- Parkland Shooting Victims: Honoring 5 Years Later - January 27, 2023
- Robb Elementary Shooting: 15 Ways to Act Now - May 25, 2022
- Security Guards Training Guide - January 6, 2021
- How to Survive a Riot or Demonstration Safely - June 18, 2020
- Sandy Hook School Shooting: 7 Years Later - January 15, 2020
- Learning From the Latest Active Shooter Scare in Boca Raton, Florida - October 30, 2019
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas- 1 Year Later - February 13, 2019
- An Alarming Trend: Social Media Threats of Violence - October 31, 2018
- FBI Report: Active Shooter Incidents in 2017 – Guardian Defense’s Takeaways - May 16, 2018