#17DayCelebration Closes for Parkland, Florida
Despite the terrible events that transpired at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida exactly 5 years ago from yesterday, our nation came together to focus on celebrating and honoring those lost.
January 28th kicked off the #17daycelebration. Our team enjoyed doing an activity daily that reminded us of each student and staff member who is no longer here. Take a look at how our team and their loved ones participated.
We hope you, your family, and loved ones were able to participate in at least one day throughout this time. Celebrating their lives reminds us continue to work hard for our schools and communities to mitigate mass casualities.
The Reach Beyond Parkland, Florida
This mass killing incident in Parkland, Florida hit our team personally but we know there are so many incidents that have occurred nationally and internationally that have affected YOU personally. We encourage you to be a part of the solution. Assess your workplace, school, and surroundings. If an active threat did come on site, would you know what to do?
Unfortunately, there are no national standards on how our schools and workplaces handle active threats. Administration is left to figure it out on their own. For close to a decade, our team has been creating solutions to create best practices and safety standards to make this crisis manageable. Every life lost to a mass casualty event has not been for nothing and we will continue to educate ourselves and the public to minimize mass casualty occurrences.
Read more about school and workplace safety on our website. Don’t hesitate to connect with a Safety Specialist to hear how we create a plan for you, or can build upon a foundation you may have already set.
- 17DayCelebration Closes for Parkland Florida - February 15, 2023
- Parkland Shooting Victims: Honoring 5 Years Later - January 27, 2023
- Robb Elementary Shooting: 15 Ways to Act Now - May 25, 2022
- Security Guards Training Guide - January 6, 2021
- How to Survive a Riot or Demonstration Safely - June 18, 2020
- Sandy Hook School Shooting: 7 Years Later - January 15, 2020
- Learning From the Latest Active Shooter Scare in Boca Raton, Florida - October 30, 2019
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas- 1 Year Later - February 13, 2019
- An Alarming Trend: Social Media Threats of Violence - October 31, 2018
- FBI Report: Active Shooter Incidents in 2017 – Guardian Defense’s Takeaways - May 16, 2018