As we come to a close this month, the effects of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting are eternally ingrained in our hearts.
We have learned a lot about the victims and survivors of the 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting. We have seen survivors honor the lives of their former classmates. Countless parents and loved ones have come together to create organizations that ignite change. Community members and businesses have offered their services to help those impacted.
You may or may not have personally known the victims, but their lives do have meaning. It is our responsibility to ensure their lives did have purpose.
February 2021 Recap:
Guardian Defense dedicated the entire month of February to those affected by the Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting of 2018.
For 17 days, starting on January 28, 2021, GD team members and the world participated in the social media campaign #17DayCelebration to honor each of the victims that lost their lives in the Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting.
Following the 3 year anniversary of this event, GD turned the second portion of the month into a new purpose: putting actions behind words. We encourage you to visit our Facebook and Instagram pages to view crucial safety lessons, and also learn more about everything that has been going on this month!
Here is one of our favorite safety tips:
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to evade (move away from) the threat, then you may find a location to…
(Watch this short clip to learn what to do!!)
What Can You Do To Help?
Never forget the victims and survivors of the shooting. Their lives must be remembered and honored accordingly. If you want to volunteer, donate, or locate services, contact these organizations.
What happens next?
A part of our hearts will always be missing because of this terrible incident. For now, we move forward knowing the lives lost were not in vain. Commit to that statement by ensuring our schools around the country continue to improve upon the standards GD has set for them.
- Closing Tribute to the Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting Victims & Survivors - February 28, 2021
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting 3 Years Later - February 14, 2021
- Parkland School Shooting: How to Get Involved THIS Month - February 1, 2021
- CEO’s Need to Know About OSHA and Workplace Violence - November 2, 2020
- Everything Started with the Sandy Hook School Shooting … Taking Action to Create Change - October 29, 2020
- You Asked, We Provide – COVID Safety Comeback Plan - September 28, 2020
- Back to School Safety Tips 2020 for Schools, Teachers, Parents and Kids - September 21, 2020
- 5 Tips to Improve Situational Awareness When Experiencing Fear of Public Places or Social Anxiety - August 17, 2020
- Why You Should Book Keynote Speaker Steven S. Smith for Your Next Conference - July 2, 2020
- National Gun Violence Awareness Month - June 1, 2020