Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting 3 Years Later
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting has been the highlight of this month as Guardian Defense (“GD”) does not take lightly the events that took place on Valentine’s Day, just three years ago.
A day intended for expressing love to those we care about turned out to be the most terrifying day for our Parkland, Florida community.
Today, we ask you to take a moment of silence, a time to meditate or pray and remember the victims, their families, the survivors, and the community still feeling the impact of this event.
Remembering the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting in 2021
GD celebrates all of the 17 angels that lost their lives during the Parkland High School Shooting in 2018. If you caught our previous article from the beginning of this month, you’ll know we’ve been enjoying the #17DayCelebration, which consists of participating in 17 days of activities that reflects something fun about each victim.
GD team members came together to carry out these activities, and here are few of our favorites!
1. Honoring Luke Hoyer
In honor of Luke Hoyer, Instructor Lynette shoots hoops with her son. We will always have Luke in our hearts when playing basketball!
2. Honoring Helena Ramsey
Instructor Jared is engrossed in Harry Potter in honor of Helena Ramsey. Next time you pick up a book, think of Helena and her joys of reading!
3. Honoring Meadow Pollack
We heard Meadow Pollack enjoyed working out and Instructor Jeff shares her wishes to create a healthy lifestyle. Will you think of Meadow next time you exercise?
Putting Actions Behind Words in Honor of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Community
We enjoyed putting these activities together and showing the world that keeping tragedies like these on the forefronts of our minds helps us in our work of minimizing mass casualties.
While it is important to never forget the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting, it is even more important to put actions behind our words.
As promised, throughout the remainder of the month our instructors will offer safety tips on how you can better protect yourself, or others if faced with a threat. Find these life-saving tips on our social media platforms!
How to Minimize Mass Casualties
Learn from the tips we share these coming weeks and begin applying them to your daily routine. The most effective way to prepare against any violent threat in your school or organization is by following the proper standards. Contact Guardian Defense directly to learn about the standards we have set for organizations.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive GD’s monthly safety tips on emergency management for all types of incidents that can occur in schools and the workplace.
Today we remember; and then we put actions behind our words.
Preparing today for a safer tomorrow!
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting 3 Years Later - February 14, 2021
- Parkland School Shooting: How to Get Involved THIS Month - February 1, 2021
- CEO’s Need to Know About OSHA and Workplace Violence - November 2, 2020
- Everything Started with the Sandy Hook School Shooting … Taking Action to Create Change - October 29, 2020
- You Asked, We Provide – COVID Safety Comeback Plan - September 28, 2020
- Back to School Safety Tips 2020 for Schools, Teachers, Parents and Kids - September 21, 2020
- 5 Tips to Improve Situational Awareness When Experiencing Fear of Public Places or Social Anxiety - August 17, 2020
- Why You Should Book Keynote Speaker Steven S. Smith for Your Next Conference - July 2, 2020
- National Gun Violence Awareness Month - June 1, 2020
- GD President’s Recent Life-Saving Actions Utilizing a Civilian Trauma Kit - May 6, 2020